Our hikes through the areas around Kleinstübing and Rein (see below) lead us through the hilly landscape around the diverse and interesting “Freilichtmuseum Stübing” (open air museum) and the beautiful and impressive monastery “Stift Rein” in the northwest of the Styrian capital Graz. These hikes combine a day of nature and hiking with the opportunity to visit these interesting sights, which should not be missed when coming to Graz and exploring the city and its surroundings.
- Where: Graz surroundings, Austria
IMPORTANT LINKS (see at the bottom)
s t ü b i n g
At the s t ü b i n g hike we will hike through the “Freilichtmuseum Stübing”, where we will take a little time to enjoy the unique flair of the place. Afterwards we will connect our visit to the museum with a hike over or around the Pfaffenkogel back to Kleinstübing.
- Degree of Difficulty:
- around the Pfaffenkogel (Stübingbachgraben): easy to medium – walking time ca. 4 hours – ascent/descend: ca. 250m
- over the Pfaffenkogel: medium – walking time ca. 4 Stunden – ascent/descent ca. 420m
s t ü b i n g – s t i f t r e i n
Our s t ü b i n g – s t i f t r e i n hike starts in Kleinstübing and leads through the “Freilichtmuseum Stübing”, where we will take our time to enjoy the unique flair of the place before heading on a comfortable hike through the hilly landscape of the area to the Stift Rein, which those of you, who are interested can visit and enjoy.
- Degree of Difficulty: easy to medium – walking time ca. 4 hours – ascent ca. 340m, descent ca. 270m (if requested by the participants the hike can be shortened: easy to medium – walking time ca. 3 hours – ascent ca. 185m, descent ca. 135m)
s t i f t r e i n – m ü h l b a c h e r h ü t t e
The starting and end point of our s t i f t r e i n – m ü h l b a c h e r h ü t t e hike is the Stift Rein. From there we will hike to the Mühlbacher Hütte, where we will enjoy a good “Jause” before heading back to the Stift Rein. During the hike we can enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding area around Stift Rein. Subsequent to the hike those, who are interested can visit the beautiful monastery.
- Degree of Difficulty: medium – walking time ca. 5 bis 5,5 hours – ascent/descent ca. 680m
- Fahrplan_Stift Rein – Graz_Busunternehmen Watzke